How to get to Besançon ?
- If you are flying, the best option is to arrive at Paris or Lyon airport. Basel European airport is not so far but poorly connected by public transportation.
- Please make sure that your train arrives at Besançon Viotte train station which is in the city center. Besançon Franche-Comté TGV is 20 km far from the city center. If you arrive there, you can catch a train shuttle from Franche-Comté TGV to Viotte a few minutes after your arrival at Franche-Comté TGV.
Maps of Besançon
The main useful places for the conference are pointed out in the following google map
Hotels and accomodation
- Invited speakers are accomodated at the Apparthotel Adagio Access Besancon La City. To get there from the train station Gare Viotte, take the tramway untill the stop Canot.
- The town center proposes several hotels. For instance, we recommend the hotel du Nord (economic), the hotel Ibis (medium) or the Hotel de Paris (higher standard)
- The Centre Diocésain is located in the very center of Besançon. The address is 20 rue Mégevand, 25000 Besançon.
- The closest tramway/bus stops are : tramway stop Chamars, bus stop Mégevand and bus stop Granvelle. However, the centre Diocésain being in the town center, walking is probably the best option to reach the conference from your hotel.
Lunches and conference dinner
- Lunches and conference dinner are offered to the participants. However, make sure to register !
- The conference dinner will take place on Tuesday 8 pm at the restaurant 1802 located 2 place Granvelle.
- Some restaurant that I like :
- Le cafe cafe, rue Luc Breton, traditional cooking.
- Le vin et l’assiette, 9 rue Battant, traditional cooking.
- L’affineur comtois, 84 rue Battant, regional cooking.
- Ristorante Italiano Da Gianni, 9 rue Richebourg, italian cooking.
- La grange, 17 avenue Elisee Cusenier, regional cooking, convenient for large groups.
- And more on TripAdvisor